All of us at CUMC are very excited to have a vibrant and growing Stephen Ministry. Below you’ll find information about what Stephen Ministry is all about.
Our congregation’s Stephen Ministry is equipping lay people to provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
Stephen Ministry Care
Our Stephen Ministers provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to members of our community who are
- grieving the death of a loved one
- hospitalized or recovering from hospitalization
- lonely or discouraged
- coping with a terminal illness of caring for a family member with a terminal illness
- unemployed and in a job search, and related financial crisis
- disabled or caring for an ill or disabled family member
- moving or relocating to a new place to live
- new to the congregation or the community
- anticipating the birth or adoption of a child
- homebound or institutionalized
- transitioning into retirement
- dealing with aging and related crises
- facing a life transition
- experiencing a spiritual crisis
- victims of a disaster or accident
What is a Stephen Minister?
- a child of God who walks beside someone who is hurting
- a caring Christian who can listen and hear your concerns
- a member of our congregation trained to provide distinctively Christian care
- a person who is ready and able to focus on your needs
- a trustworthy confidant who will keep you and everything you say … confidential
- someone who faithfully meets with you on a weekly basis for as long as you need
For more information, or to talk with one of our Stephen Leaders, please contact the church office, or a Stephen Leader or Stephen Minister at Sunday services.