Grow Your Faith
We are all on a journey to become the people that God designed us to be. Our journey follows the teachings of Jesus and integrates them into our daily lives.
The Discipleship Development Team seeks to provide fellowship, resources, and direction for this journey, which we believe is the most important journey of our lives. We honor each individual’s experience, questions, discernment, and learning style with a diversity of opportunities to grow and learn. We welcome all who are called to grow in faith regardless of their age or the stage of their faith journey.
Come discover, learn, explore, connect, and grow.
Do you want to…
- Meet new people and/or get to know others on a deeper level?
- Nourish & strengthen your faith?
- Explore the Bible and learn in an open and stimulating environment?
- Be challenged by new ideas about, approaches to, and opinions on faith & spirituality?
- Live a more committed and dynamic spiritual life in your community, family, and world?
Lectionary Bible Study
- Wednesday, 10:00 am, Sweeney Ridge
- Join the Pastor to delve into the scripture of the week. Gain deeper insight into the passages that will be preached on the coming Sunday.
- Contact: Rev. Lisa Warner-Carey
Small Group Studies
Men’s Study Group
- Wednesday, 6:30 am, Sweeney Ridge
- Join this band of guys for an early morning Bible study/discussion of faith/study group. This is an ecumenical group. Feel free to drop by.
- Contact: Frank Vento
Small Group: We Make the Road by Walking
- Led by Rev. Chris Warner-Carey
- Wednesdays at 7:15 ‑ 8:30 p.m. in the Sweeney Ridge room
- The group will be guided by Brian McLaren’s latest book, “We Make the Road by Walking: A Year-long Quest for Spiritual Formation, Reorientation, and Activation”. Have you been looking for a way to nourish and strengthen your faith, so as to live a more committed and dynamic spiritual life in the community, your family and the world? The book is based on weekly scripture readings and reflections by McLaren. In addition to studying the book together, we will be challenged to take what we glean from this experience and put our faith and discipleship into action in our own lives, in the community and in the world.
Additional resources for personal study and prayer (including the Upper Room & Alive Now) are available in the narthex. Donations gladly accepted.