Counselor applications are due on March 7th!
Counselor interviews will be held on Tuesday, March 22 and Thursday, March 31st.
Counselors are an integral part of Revival in the Redwoods. As a Counselor, it is your job to ensure the spiritual, social, and physical well being of each camper; to ensure each camper is cared for and given opportunities to develop and grow in a safe and secure environment.
Counselors will report to the Counselor Coordinator and the Camp Director(s). The mandatory counselor and CIT training overnight will be Saturday May, 21st starting at 6pm ending Sunday May, 22nd at 11:30am. We will go over small group curriculum, camp schedule, play games, eat food and have fun!
- Maintain the camp schedule, make smooth and timely transitions through the day
- Engage and work with the CIT’s in a positive and constructive manner, to demonstrate what it means to be a counselor
- Participate alongside your campers – lead by example
- Demonstrate creativity, energy, vision, and self-initiative
- Read and an adhere to camp policies and schedule
- Report and direct all camper (or your own) injuries/illnesses to the camp nurse
- Supervise campers at all times when under your direct care
- Motivate campers to participate and try new activities
- Praise campers for doing good things while challenging and motivating other campers in the process
- Ensure campers get enough to eat, drink, rest, sleep, and shower
- Settle camper disputes and disagreements in a Christian manner; ask for help when needed
- Assist with camp cleaning, cooking, and maintenance tasks when needed
- Lead a small group according to the established curriculum
- Mentor campers by helping them understand their worth, value, and spiritual strengths
- Lead afternoon activities (swimming hole, hike, etc…)
- Assist volunteer leaders with sports and craft programs
Counselor and CIT Camp starts Sunday, July 24th!
If you are selected to be a Counselor at Revival in the Redwoods. We will still need you to fill out the registration form, medical form, and release of liability. Cost of Camp for the Counselors is $150. You will also receive 80 community service hours, Please submit your filled out community service forms by the end of September 2016.